What We Do
We carry out policy research and campaigning as well as working directly with schools, teachers, and education and youth organisations.
- We research, write and publish in order to influence policy makers, those working in the sector and the public as a whole.
- We work with education and youth organisations by developing and managing new projects, assessing impact and improving quality.
- We generate our income from the work we do and use it to fund more work on the issues which our experience and research tell us make a difference to young people.
Our social impact reports tell us we are good at:
- Pinning down the crux of a problem and finding a solution.
- Building strong and fun relationships.
- Working quickly, rigorously and without fuss.
- Relating everything we do back to our experience of working with young people and our understanding of the sector.
Our Latest Blogs
Today our report ‘Building the Leadership Pool in London Schools’ is being published. It’s jointly authored by LKMco and Kempton Consulting Ltd, with the support of Challenge Partners and it was commissioned by the GLA on behalf of the London Education Officers Group. The project involved a survey of 665 middle and senior leaders, headteachers … Read more
I don’t think business studies is on the government’s current ‘subjects we like‘ hit parade. It’s certainly not in the Ebacc, however at last night’s SSAT event, Matt Hood, of Heysham High reminded us why it matters when it comes to one of the DfE’s biggest upcoming headaches: teacher recruitment. Inspired by Matt – and as the proud … Read more
On the 22nd of November we were delighted to co-host the launch of our latest report “Why Teach?” with Pearson at the Ship of Adventures. The report explores why people go into, stay in or leave teaching and how they decide where to teach. The launch featured speeches from four teachers working in contrasting schools, ranging from a … Read more