What We Do
We carry out policy research and campaigning as well as working directly with schools, teachers, and education and youth organisations.
- We research, write and publish in order to influence policy makers, those working in the sector and the public as a whole.
- We work with education and youth organisations by developing and managing new projects, assessing impact and improving quality.
- We generate our income from the work we do and use it to fund more work on the issues which our experience and research tell us make a difference to young people.
Our social impact reports tell us we are good at:
- Pinning down the crux of a problem and finding a solution.
- Building strong and fun relationships.
- Working quickly, rigorously and without fuss.
- Relating everything we do back to our experience of working with young people and our understanding of the sector.
We’re always keen to hear from new talent so if you’re committed to our mission and would like to find out more about working for us, do get in touch!
Given that we frequently work with vulnerable young people and personal data, safeguarding and data security/protection are very important to us. You can therefore download our safeguarding policy here and our data security/protection policy here.
Our Latest Blogs
We were delighted to welcome London Live to the Southbank Centre for the launch of A Place to Call Home. Hear Yasmin bravely share her story. As she explains, schools do not always know what to do when pupils find themselves homeless and end up feeling they have to exclude… Read more
We are thrilled today to launch one of our most important reports yet, looking at how youth homelessness and education interact, and different ways in which the education system can support young people at risk of becoming – or who are – homeless. Yesterday the National Audit Office painted a… Read more
Researching the experiences of young homeless people isn’t just about coding qualitative data or analysing statistics. It’s about people. Today we publish our latest report with the Sage Foundation, ‘A Place to Call Home: Understanding youth Homelessness’ (Summary version here). Since finishing the report I’ve been reflecting on the key things I… Read more