What We Do
We carry out policy research and campaigning as well as working directly with schools, teachers, and education and youth organisations.
- We research, write and publish in order to influence policy makers, those working in the sector and the public as a whole.
- We work with education and youth organisations by developing and managing new projects, assessing impact and improving quality.
- We generate our income from the work we do and use it to fund more work on the issues which our experience and research tell us make a difference to young people.
Our social impact reports tell us we are good at:
- Pinning down the crux of a problem and finding a solution.
- Building strong and fun relationships.
- Working quickly, rigorously and without fuss.
- Relating everything we do back to our experience of working with young people and our understanding of the sector.
We’re always keen to hear from new talent so if you’re committed to our mission and would like to find out more about working for us, do get in touch!
Our Latest Blogs
Our latest report for Kings College London Widening Participation Department has received considerable interest around the world, featuring on Dubai Eye Radio in the UAE, Fox News in the US and, much of the UK press including the Daily Mail, Independent, Times, i, and Huffington Post. It has also been covered by sector publications like Schools Week, … Read more
‘No school can be a great school without getting the middle leadership right’ says James Toop, chief executive of the charity Teaching Leaders. But what does it mean to be a great middle leader? At a time of rapid curriculum change and increasing concern about teacher retention, it is a question in desperate need of … Read more
Children with communication disorders’ responses to a long established psychological test may have been ignored or altered for many years according to recent IOE research. Since 1985, psychologists have used the ‘Sally-Anne test’ to examine children’s ‘theory of mind’. Theory of mind refers to people’s ability to understand that other people have mental states- beliefs, … Read more