What We Do
We carry out policy research and campaigning as well as working directly with schools, teachers, and education and youth organisations.
- We research, write and publish in order to influence policy makers, those working in the sector and the public as a whole.
- We work with education and youth organisations by developing and managing new projects, assessing impact and improving quality.
- We generate our income from the work we do and use it to fund more work on the issues which our experience and research tell us make a difference to young people.
Our social impact reports tell us we are good at:
- Pinning down the crux of a problem and finding a solution.
- Building strong and fun relationships.
- Working quickly, rigorously and without fuss.
- Relating everything we do back to our experience of working with young people and our understanding of the sector.
We’re always keen to hear from new talent so if you’re committed to our mission and would like to find out more about working for us, do get in touch!
Given that we frequently work with vulnerable young people and personal data, safeguarding and data security/protection are very important to us. You can therefore download our safeguarding policy here and our data security/protection policy here.
Our Latest Blogs
Despite widespread calls for more ‘evidence-based’ education policy, I’m not entirely convinced – either by its possibility or desirability. Given that I work for an organisation that conducts research to help shape education policy, this might seem surprising. However, it’s about time we moved away from New Labour’s “what counts… Read more
We are very excited to be launching a new 18 month project with Pearson, exploring: How the workload associated with assessment can be reduced; and, How teachers’ professional expertise in relation to assessment can be developed. The project is kicking off with our first ever ‘crowd-sourcing’ campaign, asking teachers, schools… Read more
We’re delighted to announce that with a whole host of exciting projects lined up for the next academic year, we are once again growing our team. Projects on the horizon include: More work on youth homelessness following on from our groundbreaking study “A Place to Call Home.” A major international… Read more