What We Do
We carry out policy research and campaigning as well as working directly with schools, teachers, and education and youth organisations.
- We research, write and publish in order to influence policy makers, those working in the sector and the public as a whole.
- We work with education and youth organisations by developing and managing new projects, assessing impact and improving quality.
- We generate our income from the work we do and use it to fund more work on the issues which our experience and research tell us make a difference to young people.
Our social impact reports tell us we are good at:
- Pinning down the crux of a problem and finding a solution.
- Building strong and fun relationships.
- Working quickly, rigorously and without fuss.
- Relating everything we do back to our experience of working with young people and our understanding of the sector.
We’re always keen to hear from new talent so if you’re committed to our mission and would like to find out more about working for us, do get in touch!
Our Latest Blogs
Leftovers are great. There’s nothing better than reheating last night’s dinner and enjoying a good meal all over again. Leave them in the fridge though and things start to go awry, a bit like grammar schools. They’ve been back on the menu since the budget, carrying with them the distinctive tang of tupperware that’s been … Read more
“The conditions for creativity and those for autonomy have something in common. Freedom alone is not enough.” Creativity in schools is a hotly debated topic. Can it be taught? Which is more important- creativity or knowledge? Creativity is often seen as an area in which if you give people freedom from structure they’ll spontaneously become … Read more
The Mail on Sunday today reports on a pilot of the Sound Training programme in three English prisons. The programme, which combines decoding text, breaking down words into their components and developing the vocabulary needed to read for meaning, has been running in hundreds of schools since it was launched in 2011. In late 2016, LKMco … Read more